The “Signature Bridge” connects the city of Wazirabad across the river Yamuna to the inner city of New Delhi. The boomerang shaped pylon consists of 2 inclined columns, which are rigidly connected to the driving lanes and bend mid-way. The upper portion of the pylon anchors the back-stay cables as well as the main-span cables, arranged in a harp like manner.
Services Provided / Duties and Responsibilities
- Developed and managed geometry control for deck and pylon fabrication in China.
- Supervised geometry control of the precise machining works.
- Monitored precision milling machine operational accuracy – to ensure highest levels of quality.
- Reviewed fabrication sub-contractor ‘means and method’ statements.
- Assisted the sub-contractor with methodology refinements.
- Reviewed Indian / Chinese / European code related construction tolerances.
- Reviewed construction engineering works on-site in India.