This new arch bridge replaces the current bridge, crossing the North Saskatchewan River. This signature bridge is the first of its kind in Edmonton, with two 56 m tall arches spanning the river just east of the current bridge. The new bridge arches are supported by thrust blocks on both river banks, eliminating permanent in-river piers.
Services Provided / Duties and Responsibilities
- Provided all geometry control / dimensional confirmation checks and related post-processing of measurement data.
- Reviewed all fabrication sub-contractor’s ‘means and method’ statements.
- Conducted risk analysis of the current trial assembly methodology.
- Assisted sub-contractor with trial assembly methodology refinements – to improve final quality and decrease cycle times.
- Reviewed erection sub-contractor’s ‘means and method’ statements.