The Johnson Street Bridge is a replacement bascule bridge for the original bascule bridge, opened to traffic in 1924. The new bridge will be the largest single-leaf bascule bridge in Canada – and one of the largest in the world – creating a new iconic structure and destination within Victoria’s Inner Harbour.
Services Provided / Duties and Responsibilities
- Consultant for geometry control & fabrication / erection supervision.
- Reviewed all the fabrication sub-contractor procedures and method statements.
- Assisted the sub-contractor with methodology refinements.
- Assisted the general contractor with construction methodology development.
- Remotely supervised geometry control QA / QC of truss, orthotropic deck and ring, at the ZTSS facility in Jingjiang City, China.